Decision Maker: Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That a planning assumption for 25% of the 2021/22 retained business rates income to be invested in GM wide initiatives be noted.
2. That the proposed schemes set out in the table at paragraph 5.5 totalling £17.4m be approved.
3. It be noted that this was funded in full from a 25% share of the confirmed 2021/22 income of £16.3m and £1.1m of slippage against previously agreed schemes.
4. That the issues concerning the potential future of the scheme and the potential further Greater Manchester wide commitments be noted.
5. That urgent clarity on the future of the 100% business rate retention pilot be sought from Government to allow authorities to undertake accurate financial planning.
Publication date: 01/08/2022
Date of decision: 29/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 29/07/2022 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Effective from: 09/08/2022