Decision Maker: Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the report be noted.
2. That the estimated financial impacts of COVID 19 on GMCA and TFGM budgets be noted.
3. That the detailed analysis on the position of the following budgets be noted:
o GM Waste Disposal Budgets
o Retained Business Rates pilot
o Other GMCA Reserves
4. That the proposal to manage the impact of waste LAMA charges to districts within the overall waste budget and waste reserves be noted.
5. That the return of £15m of GMCA reserves to the nine GM waste districts be approved.
6. That additional funding for Marketing Manchester of £215k be approved and sourced from GMCA core budgets.
1. That the 2019/20 actual outturn capital expenditure, compared to the forecast position presented to the GMCA in February 2020, be noted.
2. That the following additions to the 2020/21 Capital Programme be approved:
· £21.887m for the Clean Air as set out in section 10 of the report
· £0.1m for the Waste scheme at Salford Road as set out in paragraph 13.3 of the report
1. That it be noted that Mayoral General Budget provisional revenue outturn position for 2019/20 represents an underspend of £1.356 million, with a proposal to transfer the underspend to the Bus Service Operator Grant earmarked reserve.
2. That it be noted that the Mayoral General – GM Fire & Rescue provisional revenue outturn position for 2019/20 represents an underspend of £2.664m after planned use of £3.529m of General Fund reserve approved as part of the 2019/20 budget, with a proposal to transfer the underspend back to Fire General Fund.
3. That it be noted that the GMCA General Budget provisional revenue outturn position for 2019/20 represents an underspend of £1.117m after planned transfers between earmarked reserves, with a proposal to transfer the final balance to General Fund once the accounts are closed and the outturn is confirmed.
4. That it be noted that the GMCA transport revenue outturn position for 2019/20 was in line with the break-even budget after planned transfers between earmarked reserves and proposal to meet from Capital Programme earmarked reserve and application of additional external grant funding received.
5. That it be noted that the Waste outturn position for 2019/20 was in line with budget after transfers from earmarked reserves.
6. That it be noted that the TfGM revenue position for 2019/20 was in line with budget after transfers between earmarked reserves.
7. That it be noted that due to the impact of Covid-19 the Government has extended the statutory deadline for the publication of the 2019-20 draft accounts by three months to 31st August 2020.
8. That it be noted that the final position, was subject to the submission of the audited accounts, to be finalised by 30th November 2020, to the GMCA Audit Committee.
Publication date: 31/07/2020
Date of decision: 31/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 31/07/2020 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority