Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the That it be noted that the GMCA, as requested by Government on 20 July 2021, prepared and submitted to the Government’s City Region Sustainable Transport Fund in early September, as part of the process to secure up to £1.19 billion of capital funding for the period 2022/23 to 2026/27.
2. That it be noted that on 22 November 2021, the Secretary of State wrote to the GM Mayor to say that GMCA had be awarded an indicative allocation of £1.07 billion of capital funding conditional on the submission of a programme business case by the end of January 2022.
3. That the key planning assumptions that the draft Programme Case was based upon as set out in section 3 of the report be noted.
4. That the approval of the draft Programme Case be delegated to the Chief Executive Officer, GMCA and TfGM in consultation with the GM Mayor and for submission to Government.
5. That it be noted that, following further review by Government and the announcement of the final award from Government, the final Programme Case will come to GMCA for approval.
Publication date: 01/02/2022
Date of decision: 28/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 28/01/2022 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority