Decision Maker: Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
2. That the proposed area of the Atom Valley Mayoral Development Zone, as indicated in Plan 1 attached at Appendix 1, be approved.
3. That the establishment of a Mayoral Development Zone Board be approved and that authority be delegated to the Chief Executive Officer GMCA and Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) toagree appropriate representation on the Board, in consultation with Bury, Rochdale and Oldham Councils.
4. That the principles of the business case and development strategy for the Mayoral Development Zone, as set out in paragraphs 5.3-5.8 of the report, which the Atom Valley Mayoral Development Zone Board will refine into the development of a business case in overseeing the delivery of the growth sites, be approved.
5. That regular updates on the progress of the delivery of the Atom Valley Mayoral Development Zone be submitted to the GMCA.
6. That the renaming of the North-East Growth Location as the Atom Valley Growth Location be approved.
7. That it be noted that the authorities requested above will also be sought by the requisite Council Executives of Bury, Rochdale and Oldham Councils.
8. That the recent confirmation of City Regional Sustainable Transport Settlement funding to undertake a business case for a tram/trainline spur to Middleton be noted.
Publication date: 01/08/2022
Date of decision: 29/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 29/07/2022 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Effective from: 09/08/2022