Decision Maker: Director for Police, Crime, Criminal Justice and Fire
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The VRU communications strategy has three key
1. Raise awareness of how Greater Manchester Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) is working together with partners and the community to address serious violence and its underlying causes.
2. Promote an alternative to violence by showcasing opportunities for people affected by violence and build aspirations for young people through campaigns and communications activity.
3. Demonstrate the impact of the VRU in reducing serious violence, especially violence amongst young people.
To deliver against these objectives, the VRU has a content plan for the year.
This includes using our existing channels (VRU website, social media accounts, earned media) to reach young people and parents with key messages;
- Positive alternatives to violence
- Voice of lived experience - other young people, members of the community
- Violence reduction campaigns
We are continually trying to grow the number of young people we reach with our messages and are keen to use radio as a new way of reaching people by tapping into existing and regular audiences.
The VRU is seeking a supplier to produce and
air radio content specifically aimed at young people in Greater
Manchester. We are looking to use radio as an additional way of
reaching more young people and young people that can be hard to
reach through our existing platforms – VRU website and social
Content to be determined by young people but to include key topics, guest interviews etc.
The budget for this commission has been set at a maximum of £30,000.
Publication date: 13/01/2023
Date of decision: 05/12/2022