Decision Maker: Greater Manchester Transport Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) That the Local Rail Services Performance Report be received and noted.
2) That a report outlining the reasons for poor performance would be brought to the next committee meeting.
3) That it be noted that Northern and Avanti West Coast Trains agreed to respond to the questions in relation to refunded tickets, level of traffic on platforms, cancellation of trains and fair prices directly with Members.
4) That a report on the Value of the Railway (currently being undertaken by Transport for the North (TfN) was scheduled to the Rail North Committee on 22February and this would be shared with this Committee at the next meeting.
5) That it be noted that Northern Trains agreed to directly feedback to Members on specific questions: the outcomes of the Rest Day Working to Councillor Angie Clark; and to re-circulate the information on refunds to tickets to Councillor Damian Bailey.
Publication date: 18/01/2023
Date of decision: 13/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 13/01/2023 - Greater Manchester Transport Committee