Decision Maker: Director for Police, Crime, Criminal Justice and Fire
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The strategic aim of VRUs communications plan
is to reduce serious violence by increasing aspirations of young
people in Greater Manchester, and reassuring the public that the
VRU is working together with partners and the community to address
serious violence and its underlying causes.
The communications objectives are to:
• Raise awareness of how Greater Manchester Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) is working together with partners and the community to address serious violence.
• Promote an alternative to violence by showcasing opportunities for people affected by violence and build aspirations for young people through campaigns and communications activity.
• Demonstrate the impact of the VRU in reducing serious violence, especially violence amongst young people.
The aim of this contract is to support the above objectives by amplifying the VRUs presence online and reach.
The content creation contract will:
- Provide a steady stream of high-quality content - at least three pieces per week – this could include written blog material, short video edits, social graphics etc.
- Provide a content plan/calendar for the year, with space built in for ad hoc requests/events/news, sometimes with short time frames
- Ensure our website and social channels are fresh and engaging - Increase the number of people we reach with our communications, especially within our key target audience groups
- Use social ads to ensure certain messages reach certain audiences, including when community tensions are high/after a serious incident
The VRU wishes to conduct a full commercial
services-led procurement exercise inviting tender submissions for
the VRU’s next content creation contract, covering delivery
form August 2023 to April 2024. This contract would cover content
provision for the VRU website, social media channels, and VRU
events. The total contract value is to be £49,000.
Publication date: 22/05/2023
Date of decision: 18/05/2023