Decision Maker: Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
2. That the GMCA agree to seek opportunities where it can support the delivery of the recommendations, specifically:
a. To continue to lobby for adequate national resources to support effective water management across GM (Recommendation 4),
b. To request that Government seeks guidance from GM Local Authorities as to how best to review current planning policy to ensure that integrated water management is a predominant consideration for all new planning developments (Recommendation 6) and
c. To request that DLUHC (Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities) implement Schedule 3 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 in line with the outcome of the consultation to ensure effective delivery with an appropriate level of central government funding provided to enable the work to be resourced at a regional level (Recommendation 6).
3. That it be noted that the report will now be shared with GM Local Authority Councillors, Planning Committees, Scrutiny Committees and MPs for their information and appropriate action.
4. That it be noted that at the next meeting the GMCA will receive the GM Integrated Water Management Plan which will also pick up a number of the recommendations in the report.
5. That the GMCA record its thanks to Mandie Shilton-Godwin for leading the Task & Finish Group.
6. That the GMCA record its to Nicola Ward, GMCA Statutory Scrutiny Officer, for support in the production of the report.
7. That the Chief Executive of United Utilities be invited to attend the GMCA for the discussion on GM Integrated Water Management Plan item at the next meeting of the GMCA.
Publication date: 30/05/2023
Date of decision: 26/05/2023
Decided at meeting: 26/05/2023 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority