Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That it be noted that the Mayoral General revenue outturn position for 2020/21 showed an underspend of £5.5m and that the proposed transfer to Mayoral reserve, at set out in Section 2 of the report, be approved.
2. That the GMCA General Budget revenue outturn position for 2020/21 which showed a breakeven position, be noted.
3. That an increase in 2020/21 budget for the GM Delivery Team of £30k funded from revenue grant from Homes England be approved, and that it be spent before 31st March 2021 as set out in paragraph 3.5 of the report.
4. That it be noted that the Mayoral General – GM Fire & Rescue revenue outturn position for 2020/21 showed an underspend position of £1.641 million and that the proposed transfer to general reserve, as set out in Section 4 of the report, be approved.
5. That the Waste outturn position of breakeven for 2020/21, after proposals agreed with GMCA on 31st July and 25th September, and the agreement, in principle, to refund the Districts for the levy adjustment that will be paid to GMCA as a result of increased tonnages, be noted.
6. That it be noted that the TfGM revenue position for 2020/21 was in line with budget.
7. That the use of reserves of £2.1 million to fund the costs of voluntary severance incurred in 2020/21, the costs of which will be replenished from savings in future years, as set out in paragraph 6.2 of the report, be approved.
8. That authority be delegated to the GMCA Treasurer, in conjunction with the TfGM Finance and Corporate Services Director, to make to make the necessary adjustments between capital funding and revenue reserves to ensure the correct accounting treatment for the planned revenue spend on the following schemes as set out in paragraphs 6.8 and 6.9 of the report:
· Greater Manchester Infrastructure Programme (GMIP) development costs of up to £6.3m from Transforming Cities 2
· Mayors Challenge Fund delivery costs of up to £1.5 million
· Clean Air Plan Delivery costs of up to £4.3 million
Publication date: 16/02/2021
Date of decision: 12/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 12/02/2021 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Effective from: 23/02/2021