Decision Maker: Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the Mayor’s appointments to Portfolios for 2021/22 as detailed in paragraph 1.1 of the report be noted.
2. That it be agreed to re-constitute and appoint to the three Overview & Scrutiny Committees as detailed in paragraph 2.1 of the report for the period up to 27 May 2022.
3. That it be agreed to appoint up to 16 members to the GMCA Scrutiny substitute’s pool, as detailed in paragraph 2.2 of the report for the period up to 27 May 2022.
4. That it be noted that any remaining Scrutiny appointments will be reported to the GMCA at its meeting on 25 June 2021.
5. That the appointments made by the GM Local Authorities to the GM Transport Committee be noted.
6. That it be noted that the GM Mayor is a member of the GM Transport Committee.
7. That Councillor Brenda Warrington be appointed to act as a substitute member to attend meetings of the GM Transport Committee, in the Mayor’s absence.
8. That Councillor Andrew Western be appointed as the GMCA member to the GM Transport Committee and Councillor Eamonn O’Brien be appointed as the GMCA member to act as a substitute to the GM Transport Committee.
9. That it be noted that the GM Mayor will determine the remaining appointments to the Transport Committee.
10. That it be noted that the GM Transport Committee shall select and recommend the appointment of a Chair for approval by the Mayor.
11. That the appointment of the GM Mayor to the Transport for the North Board be noted and that a substitute member will be appointed at the GMCA Annual Meeting in June 2021.
12. That Councillor Roger Jones be re-appointed to act as the GMCA’s member to the Transport for the North Scrutiny Committee until the GMCA Annual Meeting in June 2021.
Publication date: 01/06/2021
Date of decision: 28/05/2021
Decided at meeting: 28/05/2021 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority