Decision Maker: Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
2. That the critical issues that require a resolution for HS2 and NPR delivery in Greater Manchester be noted.
3. That the scale of activity and investment that will be required over the coming years to secure the full potential of HS2 and NPR impact in Greater Manchester through the programmes for station development/renewal, local connectivity provision, place-based regeneration and local skills/supply chain development, as set out in the Greater Manchester HS2/NPR Growth Strategy be noted.
4. That in addition to the issues surrounding the principal HS2/NPR stations at Manchester Airport and Piccadilly, the importance of HS2 development stages for Wigan North Western and Stockport Stations be recognised.
5. That the HS2 Phase 2b Western Leg (Crewe to Manchester) Bill process; the opportunities for GMCA to engage and influence the Bill; and the importance of ensuring that the final scheme is brought forward in a manner that is sensitive to local planning conditions, be noted.
6. That the update on the development of Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) be noted.
7. That the work programme underway to continue to develop, engage with and inform the HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail Programme be endorsed.
8. That the importance of Inter-city and Intra-city rail services to the success of HS2 and NPR be endorsed.
Publication date: 14/09/2021
Date of decision: 10/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 10/09/2021 - Greater Manchester Combined Authority