As noted on the StreetGames website;
“StreetGames harnesses the power of sport to create positive
change in the lives of disadvantaged young people right across the
UK. StreetGames' work helps to make young people and their
communities healthier, safer and more successful”.
The responsibilities of the funded role will include the following:
• To manage the GM VRU Community Sport budget (£75,000)
• To support the GM EISYJ Partnership and ensure connections are in place with all key stakeholders/practitioners e.g. Criminal Justice, Education, Health, Police and Locally Trusted Organisations etc. across GM at a regional, local authority and place-based level.
• Connect & collaborate, including supporting funding bids, across the GM sport and physical activity sector on violence reduction in line with the VRU priorities and GM PSR principles.
• Provide briefings to VRU regarding national, regional and local developments and wider opportunities.
• Development of a quality assured framework and evidence of effective referral pathways in place in locations in GM.
• Work with the VRU evaluation team to develop and disseminate evaluation and guidelines for effective early intervention - including a providers’ toolkit.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure data provision and information exchange inside the VRU, across the existing community support network and with partners is robust and efficient so can demonstrate the impact of sporting interventions to reduce crime, the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour through sport.
• Continue to enhance the understanding of investment into community sport for the reduction of serious violence in GM and to learn from best practice across the UK as to how funding can be best utilised.
• Support the 10 (ten) GM community sport provider networks, including driving the growth of the network and assessing ability to deliver across the ‘risk spectrum’ e.g. from diversionary activity through to long term mentoring support (i.e. who’s best placed to deliver which type of intervention).
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 20/05/2022
Decision due: 29 Apr 2022 by Director for Police, Crime, Criminal Justice and Fire
Contact: Lisa Lees Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.